Phone calls can be the bane of a salesperson’s existence, but with these five one-sentence tips from HubSpot, you can get some quick takeaways that will help you excel in your phone call game.
- For every two benefits you give the prospect, ask a question confirming you’re on the right track.
- Don’t try and use your work with your prospects’ competitors as a pitch; after all, they want to be better than the other companies in their space, not exactly the same.
- Swap out the word “but” for “and” to sound like you’re agreeing with your prospect and take them off the defensive when you’re actually offering a counter idea.
- Silence gives prospects a chance to process information and makes interactions feel more like conversations than sales pitch, so don’t rush to fill it.
- Picture yourself sitting on the same side of table as your prospect, which’ll help you maintain a friendly and helpful attitude.
What are your top phone tips?