I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We’re back in action and ready to slam the last month of Q4 out of the park.
As a follow-up to last Friday’s blog post about HubSpot‘s simple tips for sales calls, let’s now discuss another powerful tool in every salesperson’s arsenal: emails. These six one-sentence strategies can help you get the response you’re looking for.
- To get more responses, write emails a third-grader would understand.
- Emojis can add humanity and a conversational tone to your emails, and make them memorable — but if every line has an emoji, you’ll appear to be trying way too hard.
- Keep your email subject lines under seven words — that’s the max that’ll show up on a phone, where almost half of prospects open messages.
- Emails that ramble on and on tell prospects you’re insecure. If you believe your message is powerful and valuable, you don’t need to write a novel.
- Before you reach out to a prospect, identify the problems they’re likely dealing with and then address those in the email.
- Don’t count on email alone to prospect. Use multiple channels — email, phone, social media, events, referrals — to keep the top of your pipeline as full as possible.
What are your top email tips?